Ads Top

Tony Bellew says he would relish the challenge of facing pound-for-pound king Andre Ward next

By Richard Damerell
Tony Bellew has welcomed the opportunity to fight Andre Ward
Tony Bellew has welcomed the opportunity to fight Andre Ward
Tony Bellew insists he would be happy to face pound-for-pound king Andre Ward in his next fight.
The American has suggested he could climb up in weight after stopping Sergey Kovalev this month and promoter Eddie Hearn revealed this week that he held talks over a potential battle with Bellew.
Ward holds a 32-fight unbeaten record and is a two-weight world
champion, but Bellew is eager to test himself against the world's top fighter.

He made the call, Eddie picked up, he comes to me. If he wants to dance, I can do it.

Tony Bellew
"I'm going to be honest, I've got quite a few options in front of me," Bellew told Sky Sports.
"It's come to light this week that Andre Ward wants to do business, so listen I'm happy to oblige.
"He made the call, Eddie picked up, he comes to me. If he wants to dance, I can do it."
Andre Ward holds three world titles at light-heavyweight
Andre Ward holds three world titles at light-heavyweight
The Merseysider wants to receive home advantage for a fight with Ward and would consider moving back down to cruiserweight.

"I want it here. I like it here," said Bellew. "With all due respect, he's an amazing fighter, one of the pound-for-pound best in the world. But I ain't no light-heavyweight.

"He's saying he likes the heavyweights, I'm saying I'll do cruiserweight. I don't know.

"What I do know is I'm happy to do it, as long as it makes sense, and they don't want to start getting ridiculous with the percentages and stuff then we can do it, because I've done that before and I'm not going to do it again. We'll see."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.