Ads Top

Eden Hazard wins Chelsea's player of the year award in fan vote


Eden Hazard recently won the Premier League with Chelsea
Eden Hazard recently won the Premier League with Chelsea
Eden Hazard was named Chelsea's player of the year at the club's end-of-season awards ceremony in London on Sunday.

The Belgian midfielder, who also won the goal of the season award for his solo strike against Arsenal, scored 16 goals in the Premier League to help steer his club to the title meaning a third time in four years that fans voted him their top player.

French midfielder N'Golo Kante picked up the Players' Player of the Year accolade in his first season at Stamford Bridge.

Departing skipper John Terry received a special recognition award from former manager Claudio Ranieri.

How Wenger changed defending
Most expensive PL signings
Transfer Centre LIVE!

Terry said: "Chelsea's my life and it has been for 22 years and it'll never go away. The fans mean everything to me, the memories will live with me forever. I couldn't be here without you and I thank you from my heart.

"I hope to be back here in the future. The club have made
it clear that the door is always open. I'm going to go away for a week and will decide my future, whether that's playing or finishing.

"I'm finding it hard to even consider playing for another club at the moment, but that was the desire for why I'm leaving so we'll see what happens, and see what the future brings."

The Premier League champions last week called off a victory parade at the weekend in the wake of Manchester's terror attack, but went ahead with their annual awards gala in west London.

Kante added: "Because we spend so long together, and we win together and we lose together, to be named by the other players is something special.

'Moses was tired'

Antonio Conte defends red-carded Victor Moses
"I spent a very good season here. We were unlucky we did not win the FA Cup but it was a good season and hopefully next season we are going to be stronger."

Midfielder Karen Carney was named women's Player of the Year.

Mason Mount, captain of the U18s side which retained the FA Youth Cup for a fourth successive year, was voted the Academy player of the year.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.