Ads Top

Our game plan worked against Morocco, says Nigeria's Ogbonna

 Emeka Ogbonna
The forward has admitted his side strategies ensured they overcame their north African rivals in the Beach African Cup of Nations semi-final clash on Saturday
Nigeria beach soccer forward Emeka Ogbonna has revealed their well mapped out game plan helped them to a 6-1 win against Morocco at the Eko Atlantic Beach on Saturday.

Abu Azeez and Emmanuel Owhoferia netted twice plus strike from Sulieman Ogodo and Ogbonna guaranteed coach Audu Adamu's men qualification for the 2017 Fifa Beach Soccer World Cup.
And Ogbonna expressed delight at qualifying for his first
ever World Cup with the Sand Eagles after their impressive performance against the north Africans.

"I'm excited qualifying for my first World Cup with Nigeria," Ogbonna told Goal .

"I feel very great, happy. I don't know how to express my feelings about our victory today [Saturday].
"It is just awesome seeing myself in the Bahamas with the team and the first time going to the World Cup.
"We did expect we will turn out well against Morocco. We have watched their clips and knew those that can play and cannot play.

"And apart from that, we went to the drawing board to do our homework well and had a game plan to beat them.

"I don't think I need to talk too much about the game because the result could speak for itself."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.