Ads Top

Usain Bolt fully motivated to end his remarkable career on a high


Usain Bolt during a press conference to preview the IAAF World Championships
Usain Bolt during a press conference to preview the IAAF World Championships
Jamaican sprint legend Usain Bolt says he is "fully confident" ahead of the defence of his world 100m title in London this week.
The 30-year-old has vowed to end his extraordinary
career on a high, even though he is seen by his camp as the underdog going into the meeting.

Bolt has dominated sprinting since taking double individual gold at the Beijing Olympics in 2008, going on to win a further six Olympic golds and also picking up 11 world titles.
The London Stadium will host the 2017 World Championships
The London Stadium will host the 2017 World Championships
However, he started this season in sluggish form, running two 10sec-plus times before hitting form at the Monaco Diamond League meeting.
Asked by the media if he was the underdog this week, Bolt said: "That's what I keep reading and what my team keeps telling me, so I've got to prove myself again.

"The last race I ran was 9.95sec, which shows I'm going in the right direction.
"It's a championships and the two rounds always help me. I've been here many times. It's go-time, so let's go!

"Usain Bolt has retired unbeaten in an individual event, unbeatable, unstoppable - for me that would be the best headline!
"If I show up at a championships you know I'm fully confident and ready to go."
And Bolt is insistent that motivation is not lacking despite having devoted his life to the track since the age of 10.

"Every year you find something else to motivate you," he said. "I love competition, I thrive on competition, and I want people to run fast to push me.
Bolt produced an improved performance in Monaco earlier this year
Bolt produced an improved performance in Monaco earlier this year
"I'm comfortable saying I'm a legend because I've proved myself.
"I didn't know I would be 100m world record holder growing up, I had no idea.

"Anything's possible, you've just got to put it in your head and work for it. There are no words to explain what I've done over the years, and I'm really proud of myself."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.