Ads Top

Udoji defends Enyimba's loss to Kano Pillars

. 

The defender has jumped in defence of his former team after they suffered a 3-1 bashing from his current outfit in Kano
Kano Pillars’ Chinedu Udoji has defended Enyimba after their 3-1 loss at the Sani Abacha Stadium on Sunday.

The former People's Elephants skipper insisted that Gbenga Ogunbote's side,
even with the number of players that left last season, are still a 'very strong side'.

“I still have to admit that Enyimba are still a very strong side," Udoji told Goal.
"Despite [the fact that] some of the key players left at the start of the season the management were still able to raise a formidable team against us."

On lining up against his former side, the defender revealed: “It was a tough one for me and I felt emotional before the match but immediately the game started I tried to be as professional as possible. 

"It was a shame that I had to collect a red card and I am sorry about that because it put the team under pressure.
"It was a hard earned victory and I must not fail to admit that," he concluded.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.