Ads Top

Mfecane back from Amsterdam trial

Sonwabile Mfecane

Ajax Cape Town youngster Sonwabile Mfecane has returned from a three-week trial at Ajax Amsterdam and believes he is a better player for the experience.

The 17-year-old attacking midfielder was hand-picked by the Dutch club’s director of football Marc Overmars on a recent visit to the Mother City.

He feels he improved in his
time there, but now waits to hear whether the Amsterdam club will ask him to return for a further assessment.

“I had a very good time, three weeks, it was very short for me,” he told his club’s website. “I had a very good time, very good experience for me, for my football career.

“I think going back to South Africa now I am a much better player and I got a lot of good experience.

“The level of training was very high, my first week I had to just keep up with the team. The last week I got better, much better.

“The first week for me was a real setback when I got sick because each and every day I got better. It was a set-back, if only I could have trained the first week I was here it would have been much better.”
He feels he knows more now about what he needs to work on in the future to become a more complete player.

“Certainly, I have a lot to work on still. I think me coming here made me a better player, not a complete player just yet, I still have a lot to work on so when I am back in South Africa I have to work harder,” Mfecane said.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.